Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hitting A Brick Wall

Meet Guest Room 1.

This is one of our two identical and LITTLE guest rooms.
This room is full of texture and not in an awesome way. This room has plaster walls and ceiling, and the plaster has been combed. The whole room has a liney, weird texture. Texture can be great but there needed to be something to break up the liney-ness, there also needed to be a big impact in the room.


I was watching P.S. I love You recently and I realized what impact I wanted to include. 
Painted brick wall! I picked up a few brick veneer tiles from Menards and began tiling the focal wall. 


Veneer set in thinset here.


Grouted and midway through clean-up.


And here we are, all cleaned up and painted.
The color is Valspar's Woodlawn Bedroom White.


This room still has a long way to go, i.e....
Paint the ceiling
Paint the trim
Accessorizing 


I've already added a lot more of different textures in the room (velveteen curtains, linen roll shades) that contrast nicely and work well together.


And lastly my little diy drum shade. 
I had an old drum shade laying around. I cut off the top, painted the inside gold and glued striped fabric onto the shade. I replaced the glass dome globe on the pre-existing flush mount fixture. BAM! Cute, brand new drum shade.




Linking Up at: Craft Dictator.







No comments:

Post a Comment