Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Few Guilty Pleasures...

First I need to apologize for not updating in so long, we have been really busy with hardly much time for anything else. 
I wanted to add a little somethin' somethin' on this Sunday night.
A little guilty pleasure donut.
We don't often make sweets unless we are getting together with friends (except when I was pregnant, then I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies every week!). My husband probably wishes we had more sweets around the house but he regularly thanks me for not having them, because he claims that he would eat them all. After eating such yummy healthy meals all week I thought we deserved a super yummy, super easy treat and I've been dying to try out these great grands buiscut donuts. They turned out SO FABULOUS!



I used the Grands Jr. so they were a little smaller which was nice for our small snacks.


Use a cookie cutter or something else ingenious to cut a hole in the center of the biscuits. 


I fried mine up in about a 1/2 of an inch of coconut oil over medium heat.


These cook so fast, literally a few seconds on each side, until they are golden. When golden brown on both sides remove the donuts and place them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.



Dipping them in a cinnamon sugar mixture really made these a million bucks! They taste awesome! We also fried up the donut "holes" too, no way we were going to let those puppies go to waste!



Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment