Saturday, January 5, 2013

You Got Paint on the Rug.

You may remember a dining room design board I blogged about a few months ago that included a certain Trina Turk rug....
This rug was soooo unattainable for sooooo long!
One of the main problems with her rug is that it is only available in 3x5 and that is too small for my dining room and even at 3x5 it's $160.00.....so I don't even want to imagine how much the size I needed would be, nor do I even want to imagine spending that much on ONE rug.
But around the same time I found that oh-so-perfect rug I also found a couple of blog-ladies who were talking about painting their rugs. So, like all good lemmings I got the things I needed and decided I would make my own. 
I chose this lovely like white cotton flat-woven rug from Ikea.
it's called ERSLEV.

The first thing I had to do was measure and tape off all the areas that needed to be left white and seriously this was the worst part of the whole process. It would have been slightly easier if I had made a mock up in blue a white, instead of trying to process it all as I went along.




The next part was the easiest. I picked my paint color.. Valspar's Pink Burst and mixed it with textile medium I bought at Hobby Lobby and went to town rolling the paint on my rug.


I was so excited to finally put my rug down after it dried.



And I am really excited about the way it turned out! It looks great in ur dining room and totally adds the pop of pink that we needed!




Come Join The Party!







House of Rose

4 comments:

  1. Holly! This rug is amazing! You are so incredibly talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen, but believe me it took WAY more patience than talent ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty! I love that you were about to do this! I can't say that I would have the same success but you definitely have me itching to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Katie! I promise, it looks about 100 times more daunting than it actually is!

    ReplyDelete