Monday, January 16, 2012

Nursery Inspiration

Of course since the day I thought I might be pregnant I've been trying to put together the perfect nursery. Since we still don't know what we're having and because we're wanting some bigger items to last through a few babies I decided that I wanted to use grey in the nursery and then depending on boy or girl we would pull in other colors.
I really love this Chicco baby bouncer, I think the wooden accents make it look so much cuter and more artistically designed than plastic. And of course it's grey which fits perfectly into our color scheme.



I also want to stick with grey crib sheets and then find coordinating bumper and other linens. I found these on amazon. There isn't much grey in the baby section at target and other stores these days.

LITTLE GIRL
I think that grey and yellow are so pretty together and they seem to be a really popular color scheme, however I never wanted to have a yellow nursery, for some reason that idea just never really appealed to me. I would totally have a pink nursery though, and I love pink, grey and yellow together.




















I've been looking around to find accent pieces that would look great in both nurseries. I found a really classy yellow lamp stand at target that is so cute.Apparently chevron print is really in and I'm totally okay with that. I love this pink chevron print pillow.

I want to tie the dark grey into the color scheme with furniture pieces. This Ikea dresser is the perfect height and width to be a changing table and it has drawers for all of baby's clothes! If we end up going this route I plan find a crib with fancy-ish looking legs to coordinate with the changing table and then painting the crib to match.






LITTLE BOY

Rust and light blue is such a cute color combination, and the grey is subtle enough that it compliments the color combo without being overpowering. I have drawn the rust color from an armchair that was my Mamaw's, and it would coordinate perfectly in this little boy room.




















I found a blue chevron pillow just like the pink. And today at Target I found these great blue and grey curtains on sale for $20, you can't beat that!!










I plan to buy a crib and matching dresser in the dark wood color. I really like the babyletto crib and dresser from target. It is a bit steep for a crib and dresser but I found a very similar(as in absolutely the same) dresser and crib on Walmart.com much cheaper.
I guess we'll have to wait until Febuary 7th to find out which color scheme will be in our baby's nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment