Monday, September 10, 2012

A Little More September...

It's starting to feel more like Fall every day!
I absolutely love it!!!
My posts have been kind of sparse lately but that's only because I've been working on about a million and one different projects that will soon become posts when I finish them.
However I whipped up a quick little project yesterday that was just lighting my autumn love flame.

I had actually made the wreath after I saw a similar one for around 50$ on Etsy last christmas and I was super smart to take pictures of the project through out that I can share with you guys. That was you can get your own burlap wreath for 15$ instead of 50 ;)



All of my supplies we purchased at michael's but you can find these at just about any craft store.
All I needed was a foam wreath form
2 burlap garlands
hot-glue/glue-gun


I did this project when we lived in an apartment and our lovely cat believed it was necessary to always be up in my business. He's cute, so I didn't mind...too much.
All you need to do is wrap the burlap around the wreath form to cover all the foam and hot-glue as needed to hold it in place.

Now this part requires a tiny bit more playing with and a fair amount of glue. 
You will just need to gather and scrunch your burlap to create little puffs or folds and glue it to hold the puffs in place.
I went around the wreath with the puffs twice, doing and inner ring and an outer ring of puffs. and ended up with.....


This.
The "T" and bow in the first picture I added yesterday. 
I fastened them on with fishing line which is great because unlike wire, it's clear and unlike glue it's removable. That way I can add/take away decorations as I choose and I could even use this into Christmas time and change the whole theme of the wreath.

No comments:

Post a Comment