Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fall is Here!

FALL IS HERE.....
Well.......not really, but it's September dang it! And all I want to do is drink pumpkin spice latte's, wear boots and have bonfires!
So today despite the very summer-esque weather i decorated our pseudo-mantel/entertainment center for fall.

I still have a few adjustments to make but, that's the basic gist of it.
Those weird little dark, round shadows are grapevine pumpkins that I got in the dollar section at target last year. 
And I still have two very empty apothecary jars.....I'm thinking acorns and something else.....
The three wooden planters will be home to little succulents. 
The succulents will be fake ones, from hobby lobby because my black thumb will give the kiss of death to any real life plant ever.


I did want to take a minute to toot my own horn on this moss initial craft. Mostly because I dreamed it up all on my own but also because it cost me a total $0.
I cut the "T" out of cardboard from the side of a box. The moss I had left over from a wedding craft and the burlap was from a wreath I made last fall.
I just hot-glued the moss to my letter and hung it with a burlap bow.
I know, I'm so sophisticated with my cardboard box letters, fell free to copy me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment