Monday, October 29, 2012

We Are the Snuffle-up-a-gus' three

I seems as though we've been sick forever! But actually it's only been exactly seven days. Which is quite enough for me, I'm ready to feel healthy again.
I don't know about you but when I'm sick I want soup! I don't just want it, I crave, NO I NEED soup!
And when I say soup I don't mean some Campbell's chicken noodle. I want some homemade soup, preferably in the veggie variety.
So this afternoon i set out to make this very yummy, considerably quick Curried Cream of Leek soup.
It's a spicy one, but that only help to clear out my sinuses and soothe my scratchy throat. Maybe you should try next time you feel your tonsils a tickling! 
Curried Cream of Leek
1 Large leek
4T Butter
1/4 onion or dried onion flakes
2T flour
2 Cups vegetable of chicken broth
1/3 C Cream
2 T Golden Curry Sauce mix
2t Sriracha Sauce
2t Cayenne pepper
Sat & pepper to taste

Only use white and light green parts of your leek. Slice in half lengthwise and then chop into small sections.
Sautee leeks and onions in two T butter until translucent. Stir frequently.
Add flour and mix together. Add remaining butter, stir until melted.
Add broth, stir. Add curry and stir until curry is dissolved.
Add The remaining ingredients and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment