Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY For The Little Mister.


This summer we've been invited to two weddings. 
I love weddings and all the fun to be had at them and I especially LOVE getting all dressed up for them. 
I'm totally the type of person to pick out my outfits ahead of time especially for such fun events such as weddings. I had a pretty good idea about what I was going to be wearing but what about my little guy?!
I've seen these super cute tie onesies around, and I decided to make my own. 
some of the examples I've seen online were a little bit funny shaped or too big or too small. I experimented a little and came up with a simple pattern for a good shape. The size works well for a newborn or 0-3mo onesie. You could use it for a larger onesie, you would only need to elongate the tie.
My DIY
Little-Man Onesie PATTERN.
SUPPLIES:
Onesie, fabric & Heat&Bond.
You don't need much fabric at all, this is a fabric scrap project. 
I got my fabric from a stack of quilt squares.
DIRECTIONS:
{1}
Use the pattern to cut out the appropriate sized pieces.

{2}
Use the guide on the pattern to determine where to fold and iron under the edges.
Trace the pieces onto the Heat&Bond and cut out.
Follow the Heat&Bond direction to bond the fabric pieces to the onesie.
{3}
Finally, sew around the edge. Sew about an eighth of an inch in from the edge of the pieces.
Viola! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment